- Covid-19 has already caused massive amounts of single use PPE to pollute the ocean, which will casuse damage long after the global pandemic is declared to be over.
- Records show 20% fewer plastic bags were found on UK beaches since the 5p charge in 2011
- Plastic bags take up to 300 years to fragment but remain in the environment indefinitely
- A million plastic bottles a minute are bought around the world
- Around 40% of plastic waste in Europe is packaging
- 1 in 3 fish caught for human consumption now contain plastic
- Plastic pollution kills over 100,000 marine mammals and turtles and over 1 million sea birds each year